Data Collection for Single Barrel Trap Guns
Tom Breeden is collecting information on L.C. Smith Single Barrel Trap (SBT) shotguns. He is trying to gather information that is not in the production records. If you would like to have your SBT documented with the LCSCA, Please provide the following information:
- Serial Number
- Barrel length
- Beads (1 or 2 ivories?)
- Stock description (straight, half pistol, full pistol)
- Type of Pad (FAQ Maintenance & Restoration-What Kind of Pad)
- Forend escutcheon (banjo, square, or Curtis push button)
- Type of trigger return spring (presence or absence of the end of a small screw near the right front of the trigger)
- Please also include an estimate of originality and anything that you would consider unusual; the usual being two ivory beads on the barrel, ejector, a stock without a cheek piece and a banjo or square forend escutheon.
For individuals who are not members of the LCSCA, Tom welcomes your input as well and suggests that there are many advantages to being a member of our association, our informative Journal and this compilation being only two. The database will become part of the LCSCA records and will be without owner's names. Our desire is only to document the guns.
Send your information to:
P.O. Box 7
Boyds, MD 20841
Email Tom Tombreeden@aol.com